Friday, November 11, 2011

Then Reality Sets In

I was so very fortunate to not have dealt with any postpartum depression issues at all since Maddie was born.  I have just been on cloud nine snuggling with my sweet little girl and loving every second being a mom and enjoying our new family.  However, there is one thing that has made me cry several times since she was born: my body.

Since talking to my OB and basically everyone who has ever had a child, my expectations were pretty far off.  I thought that after a week or two everything would snap back together.  WRONG!  I'm starting to realize that my tummy will probably never look the same again and the crazy red stretch marks that I have on my sides are probably going to be around for awhile.  I have to say that I did gain more than the suggested weight too but at 6 weeks postpartum I've lost all but 8 pounds of my pregnancy weight.  But I am holding steady at this weight so it's time to pull out the big guns.  

Starting on Tuesday, I will be doing personal training 3 days a week at the gym.  :)  I'm sooooo excited!  It's a "fit into your skinny jeans" program so 3 days a week I'll work with a personal trainer and then there will be 2 days a week where I'll have a predetermined workout that I'll do on my own and then 2 days of rest.  I left a pair of jeans with the trainer today that I can't fit into yet (they're a size 6 that I can get on but I just can't button up) and at the end of 4 weeks the goal is to fit into those jeans.  By the end of 3 months I'll be at my goal fitness level and goal jeans size.  I seriously can't wait!  

To hold myself accountable, and to any other moms who are looking for motivation, here is my before picture.  


This was taken a month ago today...so I was 2 weeks postpartum.  See that bit of belly that's hanging over my pants?  Yeah, that's my target area.  It has already gotten a smaller but now it's time to really firm everything up.  It's funny normally my problem area are my thighs but I could care less now, it's all about my belly and abs.  

How did you get your body back after baby?  

No comments:

Post a Comment