Monday, September 12, 2011

Diamond in the Rough

Last weekend I bought this secretary desk at a nearby antique store:


The color isn't really that bad but the problem is that it doesn't really mesh with anything else in our home and the tourquoise paint job wasn't necessarily done well (note that the wood that's on the glass is still the original wood instead of painted over). My plan is to completely paint the desk white, like below:

Source

Here's another before and after of a similar secretary desk:


Before


After

This is definitely a project that I'll undertake after the baby arrives, but I'm so excited about how it's going to look. I love this piece of furniture for our home, the size is perfect and it has just the extra storage that we needed!

Have you ever found a diamond in the rough at an antique store?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's gorgeous!! (And sorry you still haven't had your baby!)

    ReplyDelete