Monday, March 19, 2012

A New Day

Friday was my last day in the corporate world and today is my first day of being a stay at home mom.  My house is clean, my daughter is happily playing, my dog is chewing a new ball and my husband is off to work in clean clothes with a hot mug of coffee in hand.  Now I'm somewhat left wondering what I'll do all day today.  

Monday, Wednesday - Saturday I have a standing reservation for Madeleine and myself to go to our gym for an hour (thankfully when she's 6 months old on Sunday her daycare time will increase from 60 minutes to 90 minutes, yay!) where I run for 30 minutes and can mercifully shower and get ready without worrying that Maddie will soon wake up and start screaming at me.  So that takes up about an hour and half of my day, including travel time.  And as I'm writing this, it's occurred to me, I'll be spending my time keeping my baby happy, my dog entertained and my home clean, all of which will make me happy and in turn will make my husband happy.  Additionally, I plan on taking the Rosetta Stone online courses during the day to brush up on my Spanish so that I can properly speak Spanish to Madeleine at least a few days during the week.  My goal is for her to be somewhat bilingual.  Also, I want to make a career change and have been considering returning to college to get another bachelor's degree in Photography.  

Are you a stay at home mom?  What fills most of your time during the day?  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on starting this new SAHM chapter of your life!! It sounds like you're off to a great start, and that you have a good plan so far. Looking forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete