Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Big Hair Big Houses Big State Big Move

It has been decided, we're moving to Dallas. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty diappointed.  I had this great rose colored fantasy in my head of my two daughters and I trotting around NYC for the next two years, after which they would both be in a world class private school, I would attend law school at Columbia, we would all take family strolls through Central Park and trips to Broadway and the museums to take in the arts. Sigh. My dreams have been stomped and pooped on and replaced with visions of staunch republicans and bible thumping church goers staring at me as I melt to death taking my kids to the park in the scorching Texas heat.


Don't Mess With Texas, haha

Today I'm licking my wounds and mourning the loss of what I thought was my eminent NYC future. Maybe tomorrow I'll come around and start researching Dallas and what it's all about. For whatever reason I equate Texas with Florida and I HATE Florida. It's hot, humid, dirty and OMG the people there are insanely rude but not in a cool way like in Chicago or NYC but just asshole rude like they they want to get punched in the face because they have nothing in life to lose. I'll also need to start making a list of relocation musts and to-dos and figuring out a way to maximize our time remaining in California. I see a few Disneyland, San Francisco, Santa Cruz and Lake Tahoe trips in my near future aka the best of the best of California.  

Have you ever relocated your family? Have you ever moved to a location that you weren't crazy about? 

No comments:

Post a Comment