Friday, December 2, 2011

deliciousness

I LOVE to cook.  L-O-V-E love it!  But during the end of my pregnancy I was too big and too tired to make anything more than pasta, salads or sandwiches.  During the first few weeks of Maddie's life I was too tired to make much of anything and thankfully our wonderful family and friends brought us healthy dinners.  :)  But now that we're really into a routine of sorts I've been cooking healthy meals every night and oddly enough, I feel like we're entertaining our friends and family more now that Maddie is here than we ever did before our little bundle arrived.

This week I tried 2 new recipes that I picked up from Pinterest and they both turned out fabulous!!

On Wednesday night I made these White Chicken Enchiladas, they were incredibly easy to make, very yummy and made way too much for just my husband and I.  These easily could have been made for us and another couple and I still would have had plenty of food.

I took my own picture but mine didn't turn out this pretty...my broiler made the cheese a little burnt

Last night I made these Stuffed Pasta Shells, they were surprisingly easy to make and again the recipe made way more than I needed to make for just me and husby.  Last week, the day before Thanksgiving, we hosted a "friendsgiving" dinner at our house with 3 other couples and this easily could have served everyone there.  I should also add that this is a Weight Watchers recipe, but it still calls for pasta and lots of cheese so I'm a little wary as to how weight friendly it actually is.  AND I didn't have any marinara sauce on hand last night so I threw a can of stewed tomatoes and a can of diced tomatoes in the blender and made my own sauce, which turned out amazing in a pinch.


I like both of these recipes because it would be so easy to add a little flavor via additional ingredients and they are still incredibly simple to make.  It's so nice when recipes call for a little oven time because it also allows me a few minutes to clean up the kitchen before dinner time starts.  Both of these recipes will be going into my regular rotation.

Have you tried any new recipes lately that were huge successes?  Where do you find inspiration for new recipes at?

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, those chicken enchiladas sound awesome! I love green chilies. Thanks for the link, I'm going to make this next week!

    My hubby is the one that likes to try new recipes, and he usually gets his from one of his three food magazines, lol! They've all turned out pretty well, especially the ones from his Food Network magazine. I'm all about tried-and-true recipes where I don't have to look anything up, and just remember learning from my mom and dad. =)

    ReplyDelete